Quite to my delight and surprise, I was given blogging awards by two lovely ladies last month. Now, compared to these funny, fantastic women, I’m a little turtle of an inconsistent blogger, so being picked is quite special. Thank you.
As I hear that the beginning is a very good place to start, Ginger LaRue over at Ginger Doodles honored me with the Liebster Award. She’s a firecracker, is our Ginger, with sweet caramel at her heart. Right now, she’s blogging her way through December with beautiful music. I’m proud to call her my friend. How to describe Ginger?… Well, let’s put it this way, if this were the 1940’s, any pilot, including Lord Flashheart!, would be proud to name his plane after her.
She thinks I’m a Disney character come to life, bless her. I may dance about the house barefoot and gather flowers from the garden, but Disney princess? I mean, teach the woodland creatures to waltz just that one time…
So, the Liebster Award (German for Friend, doncha know) highlights up-and-coming blogs, those with less than 200 followers. I don’t know about the less than 200 of some on my list, but as that’s math, I’m just going to ignore it anyway.
Upon receiving the Liebster Award, you must do the following:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger(s) who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun!
My 5 Bloggers of Brilliance are:
1. http://www.adventuresofnotsupermom.com/ Because she kicks it up to levels unknown to blogger-kind! Seriously.
2. http://lifeofatallymom.com/ Because she is my sister and I love her. Also she is a frugal-living genius and a great mom.
3. http://jefflaneaudiobooks.com/ Because he’s a fantastic up-and-coming writer who shares his novels as free weekly podcasts; I had the chance to interview him about his first novel for the podcast
4. http://scandalous-kate.blogspot.com/ Because she is Scandalous! and she makes people snort beverages. On purpose.
5. http://www.talulahmankiller.com/ Because she’s brilliant, she’s back to writing, and her cats do not obey the laws of this universe
Also, a very special mention to http://thearkinspace.wordpress.com/ where the rather wonderful Doctor Thomas posts the Special Features to our podcast. Check it out– it’s great fun!
Passing on the love.
Addendum: Yon Ginger above sent me a pretty awesome Christmas present! Her delicious snickerdoodles and a mug from The Bloggess!