Thank you, lovely readers, for being so patient with me. Time Crunch doesn’t even begin to describe it.
Today, I have some treats for you.
So, I was going to name this entry “things I would get in trouble for doing at work,” but as that category now seems to encompass pretty much anything (you know, like sitting at my desk, working on my computer, allowing students to trade & grade papers, having the kids read aloud to the entire class, etc), I had to abandon it. A shame that– in more ways than one.
Generally, though, I want to let you in on all of the interwebs stuff that gives me a little kick when I’m having a hard day. Enjoy!
1. Smart Bitches, Trashy Books— these broads know how to say it with panache! And so do their commentators. My favorite review so far is for Pregnesia. If you need to laugh until you cry, go and check that one out.
2. Life Under a Rock–Ok, I admit it, I LOVE me some Mankiller. If you aren’t a regular reader of hers, you, my friend, are missing out.
3. LOL Cats— Yes, yes… I know. But really, what would a day be without a cute cat spelling something badly?
4. Gallery of the Absurd— I got turned on to this site by one of my former professors. The man has fun with words and mocks J.Crew’s ridiculous models. Who could ask for more?
5. And, for those days when you get home and realize that your hair may have actually looked like that all day and no one said anything and you stood in front of people looking like that all day long…, you can look at People of Walmart and realize that you have nothing to worry about.
What cheers you up? Share, please.