This little blogger turtle is writing again. This time to, rather belatedly [I have many good qualities. Punctuality is not one of them], share the second award I was kindly given by Not Supermom– the Tell Me About Yourself Award. Thank you, doll!
So, The Tell Me About Yourself Award requires the recipient to:
- Thank the person who gave the award.
- List 7 things that people may not know about you.
- Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and notify them. (Um… maybe not 15, ok? How about seven. Seven sounds like a good number.)
- Post the badge on your blog.
It’s all rather flattering, really.
Seven things ya’ll may not know. Hmmm…
1. I really like doing old-fashioned, crafty things, like crochet and baking, sewing and gardening. I get creative and experimental with them, making stuff for people I love. At these times, my fella hums ‘The Little House on the Prairie’ theme song at me teasingly. However, I do tend to do these things in spurts, though, and then get wrapped up in work and leave the hobbies for months at a time. Hence, why the garden occasionally resembles the wild jungle of Borneo.
2. When I was a kid, I used to ride my bicycle over to the Helen B. Hoffman Library [an absolutely brilliant little town library], pack a picnic lunch, and spend the whole of Saturday afternoon there. I’d check out stacks of books so tall that when I held them I couldn’t see over, pile them into my backpack, and then spend the rest of the week reading until the wee hours of the night.
3. I have an exorbitantly large family, with first cousins numbering more than two dozen (especially since we’re all older now and many are married with kids of their own). Don’t get to see them very often because we’re spread out all over the US, but it’s nice trying to keep up with scads of cousins.
4. Speaking of numbers, I realized recently that since I’ve taught 9 years this January, and I’ve averaged 140 students a year, that means I’ve been a part (albeit a small one) in the lives of at least 1,260 students!
5. I’ve recently become a fan of BBC radio show ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.’ It’s been running pretty much forever, but I only recently discovered this bit of audio foolishness via my friends from England (Alan) and Australia (Jeffers). Thanks, chaps!
6. Twirling on a tile floor in socks is still brilliant fun, even now that I’m supposed to be a proper grown-up.
7. My fella Dave is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Completely. Let me ‘splain. No, it’s too much. Let’s let Amy sum up, shall we? ”You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they’re as dull as a brick? Then there’s other people, when you meet them you think, “Not bad. They’re okay.” And then you get to know them and… and their face just sort of becomes them. Like their personality’s written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful.” My Dave’s the most beautiful man I’ve ever met.
And now for the bloggers…. forgive the repetition, dears, but they are wonderful folks…
1. My sister, over at Life of a Tally Mom
2. Katie, over at Scandalous Kate Strikes Again
3. The Vores, over at What We Blog About When We Blog About Love
4. Doctor Thomas, who moderates our The Ark in Space blog
5. Ginger Doodles, over at (where else?) Ginger Doodles
6. Anita Marie, over at Irregular Bones
7. Jeff, over at Jeffrey Scott